Sweet baby girl: Now that you are almost 6 months, I am finally writing about your fifth month. But this was a big month for you and you changed a lot, and I want to remember every detail!
Norah, at 5 months:
- You have put on more weight and have the chunkiest little thighs and cheeks...I absolutely love it!
- You started eating solid foods at around 5 1/2 months. You are a great eater. After your first feeding, you learned how to keep 98% of the food in your mouth.
We started you with rice cereal, and you didn't mind it, until we gave you sweet potatoes, then you realized how much flavor you were missing out on. Next we did green peas, and then some avocado. You will eat the peas, but you don't go crazy over them like you do sweet potatoes and avocado. So far no allergic reactions!
- You can sit up without support! You started this at about 5 1/2 months as well, and so far you can go for about 4-5 minutes before falling over!
- We finally broke you of your swaddle, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. We just stopped cold turkey for naps and nighttime, and just left you in your crib to figure it out. The first couple of days were rough, and you cried a lot, but you quickly figured out how to sleep with all your limbs free, and now you love it and are back to being a great sleeper.
- You are very flexible, and we are so thankful for this. You have many different people who take care of you throughout the week, and every day looks different, yet you handle it like a champ and it rarely phases you. Thank you.
- You are so fun. We feel like we have entered into a new world with you these past few weeks, as you are way more aware and alert, have started grabbing for things, are more active, and are just generally more fun and playful. We love it.
We love you baby girl. You have us wrapped around your finger, and we can't imagine life without you.