Wednesday, July 6, 2011

25 Weeks



For those of you who haven't seen me in person in awhile, you might be surprised by how much my belly has grown!! It still surprises me almost every day! Baby girl is just starting to really put on weight and subsequently, so is her mama :).


I can't believe I am almost 26 weeks...I know sweet baby girl is going to be here before we know it! She has been such a mover lately and I feel like I've spent so much of my week just sitting or laying down and watching my belly. We can not only feel her kicks and movements, but can see her move and switch positions. If I'm getting this much joy from watching her inside my belly, I can't imagine what it'll be like once she's out!


Recently I have begun to feel the beginning of a season of preparation. So much of my life and time and energy right now is spent preparing for her to be here, and I don't see that changing until she's here. I am beginning to figure out how long I can take off work and how my job will look while I'm gone, we're starting to look into labor preparation classes, and we just bought a crib! I have big dreams in my head for a nursery, and am ready to move into our new place so I can start actually making some of these ideas come true. Needless to say, Justin and I are not physically anywhere close to being ready for her to be here, but emotionally we already feel like she is part of our family and can't wait to meet her!


Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 25 weeks

Fruit/Veggie size: Eggplant (whoa!!)

Baby changes: Baby is beginning to gain weight and her skin is beginning to look less wrinkly. Baby's nostrils are starting to open and she is beginning to practice how to breath. 

Best moment this week: Her sweet movements. This may be the best moment every week, but in this past week her kicks/movements have gotten a lot stronger and have made us wonder aloud many times "WHAT is she doing?!"

Movement: See above!

Food craving: None, my hunger has just significantly increased. I feel myself getting a little anxious whenever we leave the house because I'm thinking about the next time I'll eat, if I'll get hungry, if I need to bring any snacks with me, etc. 

Sleep: I generally wake up once a night to go to the bathroom, but not every night. The last two nights baby girl has woken me up around 5am with the most intense movements I've felt yet, and I've woken Justin up and we've laid there and just reveled at this miracle inside me.

Clothes: I am in a lot of maternity clothes, although a lot of my normal clothes still fit, which is good because I don't have very many maternity clothes, so if you have some you would like to pass on, please do! (And thanks to my sweet friends who already have :)). 

I am in the middle of re-arranging my closet and creating a section of everything I can wear. Mornings are starting to take too long because I try on too many clothes figuring out what fits me and what doesn't. 

Symptoms: Still a fairly easy pregnancy, though I am beginning to have more discomfort. I have been experiencing some indigestion, mostly at night when I go to bed. It's a catch 22 because I'm always hungry right before I go to bed, but if I lay down shortly after I eat, I'll have indigestion. 

I still have varicose veins on the back of one of my knees, and they have caused me slightly more pain, but nothing crazy and most days I don't even remember I have them. 

What I'm looking forward to: Decorating her nursery! And officially deciding on a name! We have some ideas and think we may know what her name is, but have not committed to a name yet. We have been praying for her name since we found out we were pregnant, and really have been asking the Lord to show us a name that fits this specific child of ours. We want a name with meaning that we can pray/prophesy over her life, so this is no small decision!



1 comment:

  1. I feel like I say this everytime I read your blog- I am so excited to walk through this new season of life with you! So excited for you to meet your sweet baby. Love you!

    ReplyDelete