Monday, June 6, 2011

LONG Overdue...21 Weeks

It's official...my goal of blogging about this pregnancy has not gotten off to a great start. But I'm only halfway to the end, so there's still hope!

I am now 21 weeks and have officially made it halfway...crazy! I can't believe it's gone by that fast and I'm sure I will be holding my sweet baby girl before we know it.

That's right folks, we are having a baby GIRL! We found out about a week ago, and we couldn't be more excited. I had a feeling for most of my pregnancy that it was a girl, and although Justin had no feeling either way, I do think he was slightly surprised. The world of girl is (obviously) more unknown to him, so being able to raise a little girl well seems a little more difficult, but we realize that either way, we need the Lord's strength and wisdom to raise any of our children well. We have a few ideas for a name, and will share once it becomes official. We are praying that the Lord will give us a name with a significant meaning that we can pray/prophesy over our daughter's life. Pray for this with us and let us know if you have any ideas!

So far, this pregnancy has been better than Justin and I could've ever asked for, and we are so blessed the Lord has chosen to make this a fairly easy road for me. My main symptom in the first trimester was fatigue, and I rarely, if ever, dealt with nausea or morning sickness. And second trimester has been even better. Recently, when people ask me how I'm feeling, I have to stop and think "oh yeah, I'm pregnant", because I seriously feel almost 100% all the time. Praise the Lord.

As this baby continues to grow inside me and we feel her sweet movements daily, Justin and I are falling more and more in love with her. We are already so anxious to meet her and hold her in our arms, and we are beginning to feel more and more like a family of three. The Lord perfectly planned the timing of this pregnancy, and we could not have planned anything better ourselves.











Now for the Pregnancy Highlights of the week:


How Far Along: 21 weeks


Fruit/Veggie Size: A large banana


Size: About 8 inches long and 11 ounces


Baby Changes: Eyebrows and lids are present now. Arms and legs are finally in proportion. Neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone.


Best Moment This Week: Getting smiles from strangers out in public. It's just starting to be obvious that I'm pregnant, and most likely everyone I come into contact with can tell. I'm sure this is just the beginning of this :).


Gender: A precious baby girl!!


Movement: I have been able to feel our little sweet pea move every day and it never ceases to amaze me. Justin has also felt her on a daily basis, and we think she is beginning to respond to his voice when he talks/sings to her. He's going to be a great daddy :).


Clothing: I am still in all my normal clothes. Just in the last few days have some of my pants not been able to fit, but overall, everything still fits. I have been given a few maternity tops and dresses, but I'm hoping I still get to hold out on wearing those for a little while since I might be wearing the same few outfits once I'm in all maternity!


Food Craving: None that I can think.


Food Aversions: None, I'm just more picky in what I want to eat at any given time. Certain foods don't sound good to me at certain times, and this is not usually normal for me.


What I miss: Being able to run an errand/go into a store without having to go to the bathroom at least once while I'm there, even if it's only a 5 minute trip.


Sleep: I have to wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night about once every other night. I can't complain!


What I Am Looking Forward To: Beginning to plan and prepare her nursery! I am starting to brainstorm some ideas...decorating for a little girl is going to be so much fun!


Symptoms: Not many. Like I said, I have felt pretty much normal throughout this second trimester. Some symptoms are frequent urination, nasal congestion, increased appetite, and some varicose veins on the back of one of my knees (which have been painful a few times). 


















No comments:

Post a Comment