Monday, April 18, 2011

14 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 14 weeks and 5 days. Official
ly in my 2nd trimester!

Fruit/Ve
ggie Siz
e: Lemon

Size: About 3 1/2 inches

Baby changes: The baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his/her facial muscles are getting a workout as his/her tiny features form one expression after another. He/she's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his/her body.

Best Moment this week: Feeling the baby move twice this week!

Gender: We find out in just 6 weeks!!

Movement: Last Saturday I felt the baby move for the first time!! I was sitting on the couch reading, when I felt like I had some gas bubbles/gurgles in my stomach/lower abdomen. I paid attention to it for awhile, since I've read that it may feel like gas in the beginning, and quickly realized it was happening in the same concentrated place, and it lasted for about an hour! Justin even got to feel it, and it was just such a sweet surreal moment for both of us. I can't wait for more!

Food Craving: I'm still craving tons of milk. Other than that, I've just wanted any drink besides water, so it's been a discipline to make sure I'm still drinking plenty of water.

Food Aversions: Chocolate Chex (GF). One morning last week, after eating these for breakfast, I had to suddenly pull over on the side of I-35 during morning traffic and, let's just say, it was not pretty. Ever since then, I can't bring myself to eat them again.

What I miss: Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. I am really getting more and more excited about this sweet baby joining our family and am already anxious to meet him/her!

Sleep: Still waking up once a night to go to the bathroom. And I have been having very vivid dreams, most of which I can remember when I wake up.

What I am looking forward to: Feeling this baby move more...I can't wait to be able to feel him/her every day!

Symptoms: Fatigue has gotten slightly less, but is still very existent. It's common for me to very suddenly be hit with a wave of sleepiness, and not be able to do much until I at least lay down for a few minutes. I have had headaches the last few days which have been very rough, but I think this may be due to
my lack of water consumption.

Also, I've had irritated gums (which supposedly is due to hormones), and a constant stuffy nose (also due to hormones).

4 comments:

  1. You are soooo cute! I wish I could see you during this time. We got invited to a wedding June 18th in Dallas. Thought of you IMMEDIATELY! Definitely will be calling you if we RSVP yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cori...yes! justin's parents live in dallas so even if you can't make it to austin we will drive up there to make sure we get to see you!! ohh please go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LINDSEY!! You are too darn cute. I need to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Beautiful! I love feeling like I am apart of your lives through your blog! Dad and I talked last night that we wondered it you would have a "challenging" baby because you both are so calm and easy going:)
    Love you bunches!! Mama

    ReplyDelete