Friday, July 2, 2010

6 Months and Counting

Yesterday was Justin and I’s 6 month anniversary! Okay, we know 6 months isn’t that important/exciting, but we figured you get to celebrate 6 months during your first year of marriage =)

We went to an incredible restaurant at the top of a mountain and had the best few hours. The restaurant is called “La Jamaca de Dios”, which means “The Hammock of God”. We took a motoconcho, or motorcycle taxi to get up there, and it was worth the scare of riding up a windy road on the side of a mountain three deep on a motorcycle.

The restaurant overlooks Jarabacoa, and it was the first time we have truly been up in the mountains, even though we live in between two mountain ranges. The best part about it was the peace and quiet. There was no noise, and that is the first time we have had that in two and a half weeks. That alone made it worth every penny.

We had an amazing dinner with steak and potatoes and eggplant. We were just so thankful to not eat another meal of rice and beans and fried plantains. We had uninterrupted conversation and uninterrupted time to simply enjoy each other. The way our life is here, living with a host family and with Justin’s job, those are very precious things to us in our relationship right now. I’m so thankful for last night, it was such a sweet time with my husband.

Now, I just have to brag a little. I made one of the best decisions I’ve ever made six months ago to marry Justin Sandefur. He is the best husband and loves me so incredibly well. He protects, cares for, understands, and loves me way better than he naturally should, which can only be related to how much He seeks the Lord and pushes me towards the same.

I can’t wait to spend every day for the rest of my life with this amazing man, and I promise to try my best to love him well.

I love you babe. This is only the beginning!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! I am so glad for you guys and I love your relationship...so so sweet. I can't believe the scenery there!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if its the Texas heat or our current low altitude, but you just made this momma cry.
    We are so blessed to have you as part of our family! Love you both and cant wait to talk to you again!

    ReplyDelete